Be a part of our culture! See what being a Voxeon is all about. You’ll be glad you did.
To apply, send your resume, salary requirements (and a link to your very best code if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a great company to leverage your network and systems administration skills? If you enjoy working with servers and networks, then we want to talk. Voxeo is looking for full-time NOC Engineers to join our Network Operations Center team in Orlando, Florida.
We are looking for best candidates interested in working with a company offering top-tier employment benefits and those who want the opportunity to work with new technologies. As a NOC Engineer, you will act as a conscientious eye for Voxeo network surveillance. You will troubleshoot, resolve, and restore services operating the Voxeo Cloud Hosting network. Working in conjunction with other Network Operations groups and engineers, you will support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Use, maintain, and manage network monitoring and alerting systems
● Suggest improvements to our monitoring process based on user experience
● Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve network alarms and alerts
● Escalate network issues within Voxeo
● Maintain network infrastructure documentation
● Organize and maintain internal systems to track issues and resolutions
● Assist others on the Network Operations team as required
● Work with customer support department to procure, and assist in analyzing call logs, and packet captures
● Deploy new server hardware in data centers including racking and cabling
● 2+ years of experience working with networks (servers or network devices)
● 2+ years experience with monitoring and performance systems
● A working knowledge of the Linux operating system
● A working knowledge of the Windows operating system
● Excellent hardware abilities, including hardware troubleshooting, network cabling, wiring, and hardware upgrades
● Candidates are expected to exhibit good judgment in all cases
● Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment unassisted
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work extra hours if needed
● Ability to quickly learn new technologies
● Education: High School/GED
● A solid understanding of DNS
● Working familiarity with Mac OS X
● Working experience in Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
● Familiarity with network monitoring suites such as Solarwinds, Nagios, and Splunk
● Active Directory experience
● Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study (Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field)
NETWORK OPERATIONS ENGINEER (LAS VEGAS)
Looking for a great company to leverage your expertise in Network Operations? If you are an expert in the field of Linux/Unix, have strong analytic skills, and a solid understanding of shell scripting, then we want to talk. Voxeo Corporation is looking for full-time Linux experts to join our Network Operations engineering team to work at our facilities in Las Vegas, Nevada.
We are looking for best-of-the-best candidates looking to work for a company offering top-tier employment benefits, and who want the opportunity to work with technologies. As a Network Operations Engineer, you will act as a conscientious eye for Voxeo network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities. Working in conjunction with other Network Operations departments and Executive-level engineers, you will support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
- Valid candidates are expected to exhibit solid, well thought-out judgment in all cases.
- 5+ years experience working with TCP/IP Networking.
- 5+ years working in a Linux command-line environment (CentOS preferred).
- 3+ years of Shell scripting experience.
- 3+ years experience in monitoring a global-scale network consisting of thousands of network devices.
- A solid understanding of server imaging processes and utilities.
- Superior hardware abilities, including hardware troubleshooting, cabling & wiring,
- Knowledge of Cisco Switches, Firewalls, and Routers.